Friday, October 17, 2008

As I am sitting here thinking about all the food that overpowered me today, I think that it was almost a year to the day that I was diagnosed with diabetes. Of course the diagnoses last year was a little different because I was pregnant and the time, but I still have the diabetes. I remember being surprised how quick I was able to stop eating what I shouldn't and eat right. My blood sugars were very much in control, and I felt very good about it. After my glucose tolerance test on March 5, 2008 to discover that I was still a diabetic after my son was born, I had a little pouting time and then I got back on track again. I did good all summer. Then in July and August I started having trouble with my blood sugars. They went from low hundreds (where they should be) to 300 and sometime 400. I was eating right and exercising daily. I felt so discouraged. I had lost 40 pounds, but then I gave in one time to those stupid ice cream treats they sell at Sonic, and I just keep having problems. It's not just the calories that I have to watch, it's the carbohydrates too. I want so desperately to loose all this weight, for the diabetes to disappear and for me to go on living a carefree life with food. I realize that it is not going to be that simple. I need to be able to not think about food all the time, and to exercise daily and stay away from certain foods. I just keep praying that I will get it. I will keep trying. Even know I have put on about 15 pounds that I lost over the summer, I have got to remember that I need to fight the fat. It’s not just that I want to be skinny. It is first and for most that I want to be healthy. I also do not want my boys to see a mother who just sits there and can’t do anything because she is to heavy. I want to active and have fun!!! God help me to get this right. I know I am to weak to do this by myself, but I know you are strong enough to do it for me.

1 comment:

ShrinkingSister1 said...

Hi Sister,

I am so happy to see your post! I am sorry I didn't notice it sooner. How does it feel to write? Even though I am your sister and we talk all the time about our struggles, I won't pretend to understand how frustrated you feel. You have been through a lot...anyone would agree. I hope that you continue to perservere through this challenge, though. Considering the alternative, you really HAVE to keep going. Please don't be so hard on yourself, though. If you mess up in the morning, then try not to do the same in the afternoon. Call me if you need to.

Talk to you soon! Keep writing!

SS1 (shrinkingsister1)